The Sweethaven team consists of some heavy and passionate gamers. After hours of arguments and general discussion we’ve compiled our Top 5 Current Games. Read our list and tell us what you think! Do you agree with our list? What games did we miss out?
- Fortnite Battle Royale-
Fortnite Battle Royale allows up to 100 players in either solo’s, duos and squads to do battle against other individuals or teams. Last one standing wins. You begin by landing on the map with nothing but a pickaxe. You then have to gather resources and build bases, bridges and much more to survive. As well as this you need to collect weapons, armour and traps to progress and eliminate enemies. Over time a ‘storm’ begins shrinking and you will need to get in the safe zone. This circle shrinks and shrinks until eventually there is only individual or team standing, victorious. Why do we love it?
- It’s free to play! You can buy items but it is not necessary.
- Constant updates! New game modes, guns and updates are added on a regular basis to make the game more enjoyable.
- Cartoon style! Unique to other battle royal games.
- Overwatch –
Overwatch is a squad based combat game that consists of two teams of six. There are several characters to select from that each have their own unique abilities. The game is quite tactical in terms that there are four character roles. Offence, defence, tank and support, each has its own benefits. Before each game you are informed of your team’s weaknesses so you can make changes to find a game more balanced. Overwatch consist of several game modes including: casual matchmaking, weekly brawls, custom games and competitive game modes. Why do we love it?
- Innovative first person shooting.
- Tactics, strategy and team work. Unlike other first person shooter games that rely on who gets the most kills, there is a huge element of strategy and tactics to defeating your opposition.
- A wide variety of characters to use with stories to tell.
- Rainbow Six Siege-
Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six Siege is a first person shooter game in which you are either in a team of attackers or defenders. There are several game modes that include: hostage, bomb, secure area, terrorist hunt, situations and tactical realism. You can play as several Counter Terrorism Units and play as different operators in the team to try and take down the enemy. The game is very tactically and strategically based, full of destruction on behalf of both teams. Why do we love it?
- Intense gameplay.
- A lot of strategy and tactics involved making it challenging yet extremely entertaining.
- Room for imagination on how to go about attacking or defending.
- Play Unknown’s Battle Grounds (PUBG)-
Another Battle Royal made it on to our list. This game has the same concept as Fortnite where you drop into the map, you have to scavenge for weapons and equipment and there is also a circle closing in on you. Last player or team standing, wins. 100 players split into solo’s or teams. Based on well you do each game you earn in game currency that you can use to purchase crates. Why do we love it?
- Different to Fortnite. Not cartoon based, more ‘real life’ so to speak, graphics of a high quality.
- Very unpredictable due to large map, no one is ever in a favourable position to win.
- In depth game mechanics for weapon modifications, character customisation etc.
- Rocket League-
This game simply put, is football using rocket powered cars. A football match with cars with elements of a demolition derby because you can blow opponents up. You can collect boosts to get more speed and subsequently hit the ball harder and further. There are several game modes in which you can play solo and in teams. There are a variety of vehicles to choose from that each have their benefits. If a game is tied, it goes to overtime. Why do we love it?
- A lot of solo and team game modes including standard football as well as playing basketball.
- Competitive feel to the game makes it addicting, especially playing with a team!
- Skill based game so it is rewarding when you begin earning experience.
What did you think of our list? What game did we miss out? Which is better Fortnite or PUBG? Let us know below!
P.S We have a new gaming event coming up soon! Stay tuned for more information.